You are the Custodian of Your Own Happiness
It is important to understand that whatever a human being portrays on the outside comes from within. Your attitude towards a particular situation, person or circumstance determines the kind of reaction you exhibit. Positive attitude brings out joy and happiness while a negative one causes anger, discontentment and disappointment. You have the power and ability to change your attitude towards everything in life and this result to a happy or a miserable life depending on what you choose. The Bible encourages the believers to count it joy even during the tough times of trials as endurance will result to increased faith. Job went through awful moment in his life but still found joy even in deepest pain. This is a teaching that you are the custodian of your own happiness and therefore you can still be happy even during the hardest moments of life by focusing on God and looking on the positive side of that particular situation.
Don’t allow the silly little things steal your joy.
It is obvious that the enemy comes to cause harm and since the beginning of times, Satan has been moving around trying to rob your joy. Every day, there are small things that happen and end up making you angry or even fall into sin. However, God has sent a helper who will always enable you realize the tricks of the devil and end up not falling into temptations. The Holy Spirit enables you to discern the evil and exempts you from it. Potiphar’s wife was used by the devil to cause Joseph fall into sin and steal his joy but the power of God was upon him and he overcame the temptations. This example encourages the believers today to rely on the help of the Holy Spirit so as not to allow the devil steal their joy.
Renew your mind daily with God’s Word.
The present day world is full of so many things that engage people’s mind in diverse ways. This calls for a daily renewal of all believers’ minds so as not to get conformed into the thing of the world and forget about their maker. The Word of God is the food to your soul and just like the physical body which cannot go without food, so is the soul. The soul requires daily nourishment through reading and studying God’s World. Reading the Bible also brings Glory to God as Ezra did and all people bowed down and worshiped God.
The joy of the Lord is your strength.
Knowledge about God comes with rejoicing and gladness resulting to renewed strength. When a person comes to God and accepts salvation, he/she becomes a new creation filled with joy and strength to overcome sin. Christians who truly know God and abide in His teachings experience extra ordinary joy. The children Israel had forgotten the ways of God and had fallen into sin causing them not to find joy even when they had completed building the wall. After they received the good news from the Bible about God’s love towards them, their joy was restored and their strength was renewed. Faith and the testimony that believers posses about the love of God is what gives them strength to keep on cultivating the salvation.
Don’t put your key to your joy in someone else’s pocket.
It is wise not to rely on others so as to experience happiness but rather trust upon the Lord for renewed strength. Additionally, it is important to acquire skills on how to approach situations with the right attitude and focus on the positive side of everything in order to lead a happy life. Studying the word of God on daily basis also ensures that you remain in sound mind and are able to differentiate good from bad and therefore end up not falling into temptations. Remember you are the custodian of your own happiness and following these guidelines will enable you remain in control.
MOTIVATIONAL ARTICLES YOU MAY ENJOY READING & SHARING
- Amazing Life Lessons I learned from My Dogs
- Let Your Greatest Pain Develop into Your Greatest Strength
- Be Humble and God will Lift You Up
- Honesty is the Best Policy
- Today I am Counting My Blessings not My Problems
- The Best Attitude is Gratitude
- A Joyful Life is an Authentic Design for All His Creations
- Relive and Rebuild Your Life from Deep Within
- Smiling and Laughing Promotes Emotional and Psychological Health
- Complete Forgiveness is the Best Gift for You
- Everything Christians Need is in Reading and Meditating the Word of God
- 15 Amazing Tips to Start Your Day Right
- Turn Your Pain and Suffering into Prayer
- The Most Amazing Teacher in the World
- A Poem for My Best Teacher
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Begin Your Day with a Prayer
- 10 Tips on How to Make Your Heart Healthy
- Teachers are Wonderful Gifts for a Brighter World
- A Message to All the Teachers who made My Life Meaningful
- Today I Declare Victory over All the Challenges of Life
- Miriam Defensor Santiago, the Iron Lady of Asia dies at 71
- Nothing is Impossible when You Believe in Your Dreams
- Ten Life Lessons I Learned from Google
- Bring the Joy of Christmas with You Every Day
- How Positive and Successful People Help to Attain Financial Freedom
- How to Trust God for Your Finances
- I Earnestly Pray that Your Today be filled with Hope
- My Only Hope is found in Christ Alone
- 5 Major Importance of Prayer in a Christian Life
- True Prayer is a Lifestyle not an Emergency Detour
- Hope Shines Brightest in the Darkest Moment
- If you prayed about it there is no need to worry about it
- Stephen Covey – the Power to Remain Timeless
- Be Ready to Die because Death is like a Thief in the Night
- Today is a new Day and anything is Possible to Live with Joy
- The Pain You Feel Today is the Strength You will Feel Tomorrow
- There is Always Sunshine behind the Clouds
- Today is My Best Day because God Provides All My Needs
- Today is my Best Day because God Blesses Me Abundantly
- Your Success Depends On How You Bear Your Struggles in Life
- Allow Failures to Redirect Your Focus
- Wholesome Lifestyle to a Better Life Today
- Ten Spiritual Reminders We should Never Forget
- Today is a Blessing I Choose the Bright Side of Life
- You Reap What You Sow