Be Humble and God will Lift You Up
If you want to be successful and happy, one of the very important traits you need to have is humility. There are many verses and the quotes in the Bible that confirm this. When you are humble, it means that you recognize that your true worth comes from God alone.
Humility is Honesty with Yourself
For you to achieve genuine spiritual progress and real happiness, you need to have the ability as well as the willingness to be honest within yourself. When you are honest about your motives and actions, you will be able to keep your ego in check and also nurture a more self-giving attitude.
But personal honesty and self-awareness does not mean that you have to be overly critical of yourself. By being humble, you are not trying to make yourself feel guilty. It is not only about knowing your sins and confessing them, but having the willingness to understand your true motivations and also being aware of your shortcomings.
You will struggle too much to make any real progress in life if you always live with an attitude of self-justification and feel that you are always right. You will also be more prone to insecurity and pride. But when you are honest and aware of your shortcomings, it will be easier to become the person that you really want to in life. Even though it may be a little bit of work, it will definitely be worth it in the long run.
Humility is Honesty with Others
Being honest with others is not an easy thing, but it is something that can be achieved. We lie to people for different reasons. There are times that we do it to make ourselves look better by using embellishments, exaggerations or flat out tales. When we are unhappy about some things, it is usually easier to fill in with lies as opposed to telling the truth.
Another reason why we lie is to avoid embarrassment. We do it for covering up for transgressions and bad behaviors that we are not proud of. People also lie to their peers because they want to earn respect from them. They also lie to authoritative figures in order to avoid punishment or embarrassment.
To break the chain of lies and be honest with other people, you need to know how to anticipate behaviors that will make you feel guilty and avoid them. You can also achieve honesty when you stop comparing yourself with other people. It is only by doing so that you will be able to give yourself the value that you deserve. Because you already feel valuable, you will not feel the need to lie in order to bring yourself up. Other ways that honesty can be achieved include accepting consequences and deciding to face them and doing things that make you feel happy and proud.
Humility is Honesty with God
To be honest with God, you need to share everything with Him. When you are reluctant to speak honestly to God, it shows that you do not trust Him fully. Sometimes, we fail to be fully honest with God because we are mad at Him or we are afraid that He will get mad at us. We fail to trust God to be forgiving, just and helpful when the truth of the matter is that He is all these things. He wants us to come to Him with everything that we have on our minds and He will help us see a way through.
To be humble, you need to be like a bamboo – the higher it grows, the lower it bends. This simply means that the higher you are in grace, the lower you should be willing to stoop and serve others. You will not become a loser by serving others.
MOTIVATIONAL ARTICLES YOU MAY ENJOY READING & SHARING
- Honesty is the Best Policy
- Today I am Counting My Blessings not My Problems
- The Best Attitude is Gratitude
- A Joyful Life is an Authentic Design for All His Creations
- Relive and Rebuild Your Life from Deep Within
- Smiling and Laughing Promotes Emotional and Psychological Health
- Complete Forgiveness is the Best Gift for You
- Everything Christians Need is in Reading and Meditating the Word of God
- 15 Amazing Tips to Start Your Day Right
- Turn Your Pain and Suffering into Prayer
- The Most Amazing Teacher in the World
- A Poem for My Best Teacher
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Begin Your Day with a Prayer
- 10 Tips on How to Make Your Heart Healthy
- Teachers are Wonderful Gifts for a Brighter World
- A Message to All the Teachers who made My Life Meaningful
- Today I Declare Victory over All the Challenges of Life
- Miriam Defensor Santiago, the Iron Lady of Asia dies at 71
- Nothing is Impossible when You Believe in Your Dreams
- Ten Life Lessons I Learned from Google
- Bring the Joy of Christmas with You Every Day
- How Positive and Successful People Help to Attain Financial Freedom
- How to Trust God for Your Finances
- I Earnestly Pray that Your Today be filled with Hope
- My Only Hope is found in Christ Alone
- 5 Major Importance of Prayer in a Christian Life
- True Prayer is a Lifestyle not an Emergency Detour
- Hope Shines Brightest in the Darkest Moment
- If you prayed about it there is no need to worry about it
- Stephen Covey – the Power to Remain Timeless
- Be Ready to Die because Death is like a Thief in the Night
- Today is a new Day and anything is Possible to Live with Joy
- The Pain You Feel Today is the Strength You will Feel Tomorrow
- There is Always Sunshine behind the Clouds
- Today is My Best Day because God Provides All My Needs
- Today is my Best Day because God Blesses Me Abundantly
- Your Success Depends On How You Bear Your Struggles in Life
- Allow Failures to Redirect Your Focus
- Wholesome Lifestyle to a Better Life Today
- Ten Spiritual Reminders We should Never Forget
- Today is a Blessing I Choose the Bright Side of Life
- You Reap What You Sow