15 Amazing Tips to Start Your Day Right
Mornings aren’t for everyone. I know I would prefer to lay in bed and continue snoozing rather than wake up at the crack of dawn and head off to work. But mornings are inevitable and can be the best part of my day. I know I’m off to a good start if I do any of these:
1. Take time to talk to God.
Starting off with a faithful date with God really helps me brace for what the day will bring. It helps me mentally and psychologically prepare for everything I have to do, which makes the day seem more approachable. And it works as a great reminder of how loved I am, which always helps the day go smoother.
Read Start Your Day with a Prayer Prayer = Power
2. Read God’s Word.
What’s a better way to remember God’s promises than to get a daily dose of them? Revisiting favorite passages helps you remember them, which, by meditation, helps you live them.
3. Get your feet moving.
Getting your blood pumping and heart racing, whether it’s through a few crunches or a jog, really helps to wake the body up — it does an even better job than coffee!
4. Break your fast.
Who doesn’t love breakfast food? Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. Grab some pancakes or even just an apple before you head out the door.
5. Say cheese!
Even faking a smile will trick your brain into thinking you are happy. So chin up, buttercup! Show those pearly whites and release some great feeling endorphins!
6. Stay hopeful.
In our busy lives, it’s easy to get down in the dumps and focus on the negatives. By waking up every day with the hope and belief that today will be better than yesterday, you can make it possible.
7. Say “I love you.”
Spread the love. Whether it’s cleaning the dishes for someone else or giving a kiss as you leave for work, starting the day with love is a sure way to start the day out right.
8. Choose joy.
When that alarm clock goes off, joy seems to be the farthest thing away. But it doesn’t have to be! There’s so much to experience in life and so many opportunities in each given day. Remind yourself of all the possibilities. Pursuing joy starts first thing in the morning.
9. Be thankful.
The best kind of attitude is one of gratitude. Say your thank you’s to your mom, your spouse, your best friend, your dog, your neighbor, and, most importantly, your God.
10. Be strong.
Some days seem overwhelmingly stressful, busy, or downright unbearable. But with each day comes new strength. And that strength can be used to inspire others. Start your day off with that in mind and inspire others to do the same!
11. Honesty is the best policy.
That’s true in the morning and at night and at every part of the day. Start your day off with an honest mind and it will continue on through your day.
12. Humble yourself.
With each day’s challenges and frustrations, it’s easy to get wrapped up in the mentality that we are the best for the job and don’t make as many mistakes as others. Wake up each day and humble yourself. It will help you be more accepting of others’ faults as well as your own.
13. See the glass as half full.
Optimism is a guaranteed way to brighten your day! If you focus on changing your perspective on the smaller things, it will help you remain positive and uplifted if larger problems arise.
14. Giggle. Laugh. Chortle. Chuckle.
They all release serotonin and make you feel better all around. Even a fake laugh can help you feel better and more prepared to take on the day.
15. Forgive and forget.
People make mistakes. Don’t hold it to them. Start your day with a clean slate and an open mind and with forgiveness on your heart. Focus on forgiving and helping others – and yourself – learn from mistakes.
I notice a distinct difference when I start my day with any of these. It puts me in a much better mood that carries me through my incredibly busy day. I hope it does the same for you!
MOTIVATIONAL ARTICLES YOU MAY ENJOY READING & SHARING
- Turn Your Pain and Suffering into Prayer
- The Most Amazing Teacher in the World
- A Poem for My Best Teacher
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Begin Your Day with a Prayer
- 10 Tips on How to Make Your Heart Healthy
- Teachers are Wonderful Gifts for a Brighter World
- A Message to All the Teachers who made My Life Meaningful
- Today I Declare Victory over All the Challenges of Life
- Miriam Defensor Santiago, the Iron Lady of Asia dies at 71
- Nothing is Impossible when You Believe in Your Dreams
- Ten Life Lessons I Learned from Google
- Bring the Joy of Christmas with You Every Day
- How Positive and Successful People Help to Attain Financial Freedom
- How to Trust God for Your Finances
- I Earnestly Pray that Your Today be filled with Hope
- My Only Hope is found in Christ Alone
- 5 Major Importance of Prayer in a Christian Life
- True Prayer is a Lifestyle not an Emergency Detour
- Hope Shines Brightest in the Darkest Moment
- If you prayed about it there is no need to worry about it
- Stephen Covey – the Power to Remain Timeless
- Be Ready to Die because Death is like a Thief in the Night
- Today is a new Day and anything is Possible to Live with Joy
- The Pain You Feel Today is the Strength You will Feel Tomorrow
- There is Always Sunshine behind the Clouds
- Today is My Best Day because God Provides All My Needs
- Today is my Best Day because God Blesses Me Abundantly
- Your Success Depends On How You Bear Your Struggles in Life
- Allow Failures to Redirect Your Focus
- Wholesome Lifestyle to a Better Life Today
- Ten Spiritual Reminders We should Never Forget
- Today is a Blessing I Choose the Bright Side of Life
- You Reap What You Sow