10 Tips on How to Make Your Heart Healthy
Nicole will never agree that much anxiety and worry was eating away at her health, she thought that it was when she carries her burden on her heart always that she was actually making effort to get a better life.
She was battling with a husband who does not care for her nor for their two children, domestic bills were increasing without any clue on how she can possibly pay them, her company was laying off staff because they cannot cope with the crunching economic situation.
Though Nicole is a Christian, she finds it difficult to cope with all of these issues, hence she sought for counseling with her local church pastor who gave her the following tips on how to keep her heart healthy and remain totally free from all physical, mental, and emotional health hazards.
Surrender your life to God:
That is, you are to accept Him as your Lord and Savior, allow Him to direct and guide your life by simply obeying Him. This action alone will make your heart to be regenerated, that is renewed, making it easier for you to trust in God alone.
Put your Burdens on Him:
Jesus is the burden bearer and no matter how heavy or many your burden may be, He will carry them. He gave an invitation to anyone who cares in Matt 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” NIV . Yes indeed in Him you can find rest for your soul.
Meditate on God’s Word:
The word of God is Spirit and Life, meditating on the word constantly will make you to see less of your problems and see more of God.
Never Worry or Fret:
Anxieties will only succeed in taking away your health and add more to your problems, avoid it at all cost. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7 NIV
Think on the Right Things:
Surely you know them, those things you actually dream of having, then think constantly on them.
Never Harbor Evil, Anger, and Bitterness against Anyone:
If you do, you will be at the receiving end, they help in breeding a life of wickedness, and remember that you will reap what you sow.
Your heart will always go after what you strongly desire even if they are evil, remember that the love of money is the root of all evil.
Live a Holy Life:
This will make God give you constant attention because He is always close to the righteous and hears their prayers. Holiness is living in obedience to the word of God.
Do not Lose Hope:
When you hold a picture of a brighter tomorrow in your heart, you have opened the door for a new thing to happen, hence hold fast your hope always.
Learn How to Forget the Past:
This will enable you to forgive yourself, amend your ways and forge ahead.
Most saints in the Bible faced one challenge or the other, but they were able to overcome and forge ahead. Name them; Noah who was saved with his household in the flood became drunk to the point of cursing his son, David committed adultery and murder, Abraham lied about his wife to two kings, etc
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Prov 4:23 NIV
Father give me the grace to keep my heart safe from everything contrary to your will for my life.
MOTIVATIONAL ARTICLES YOU MAY ENJOY READING & SHARING
- Teachers are Wonderful Gifts for a Brighter World
- A Message to All the Teachers who made My Life Meaningful
- Today I Declare Victory over All the Challenges of Life
- Miriam Defensor Santiago, the Iron Lady of Asia dies at 71
- Nothing is Impossible when You Believe in Your Dreams
- Ten Life Lessons I Learned from Google
- Bring the Joy of Christmas with You Every Day
- How Positive and Successful People Help to Attain Financial Freedom
- How to Trust God for Your Finances
- I Earnestly Pray that Your Today be filled with Hope
- My Only Hope is found in Christ Alone
- 5 Major Importance of Prayer in a Christian Life
- True Prayer is a Lifestyle not an Emergency Detour
- Hope Shines Brightest in the Darkest Moment
- If you prayed about it there is no need to worry about it
- Stephen Covey – the Power to Remain Timeless
- Be Ready to Die because Death is like a Thief in the Night
- Today is a new Day and anything is Possible to Live with Joy
- The Pain You Feel Today is the Strength You will Feel Tomorrow
- There is Always Sunshine behind the Clouds
- Today is My Best Day because God Provides All My Needs
- Today is my Best Day because God Blesses Me Abundantly
- Your Success Depends On How You Bear Your Struggles in Life
- Allow Failures to Redirect Your Focus
- Wholesome Lifestyle to a Better Life Today
- Ten Spiritual Reminders We should Never Forget
- Today is a Blessing I Choose the Bright Side of Life
- You Reap What You Sow